City Profile Webinar: Atlanta
Time: 7pm (CET): 6pm (UK): 1pm (EST): 10am (PDT)
A pioneering initiative between Georgia Power, the City of Atlanta and a cohort of partners is showing what’s next in smart cities and demonstrating the power of public-private partnerships.
With an estimated population of around 498,000 – and growing fast – Atlanta is home to the busiest airport in the world as well as several top Fortune 500 companies and a thriving start-up scene. It is also one of the most economically divided societies in the United States.
Since Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms took over the city’s leadership in January 2018, she has stressed that closing the inequality gap must be at the heart of all initiatives. Her One Atlanta strategy aims to make Atlanta a more equitable city so that all residents have the same access to opportunity. This means that the Smart Atlanta smart city programme, too, is now focused around these very human-centric goals which perhaps don’t commonly fall within the smart city domain.
A key focus from here is secure connectivity and more sophisticated use of data, including real-time data.
Join this webinar to learn:
- The City of Atlanta’s smart city goals, successes and challenges so far
- How the City of Atlanta is partnering with Georgia Power to turn streetlighting into connected digital infrastructure to deliver brand new types of real-time data.
- What has been learned so far from Georgia Power and the City of Atlanta’s pilot of 200 LED streetlights as an IoT sensor platform – and how this is contributing to city goals around mobility, public safety, sustainability and more
- How Atlanta is using applications such as gunshot detection
- How the City of Atlanta and Georgia Power are pioneering new ways to fund smart cities and showcasing the shift towards outcome-based approaches
- How Georgia Power & the City of Atlanta collaborate and what other cities/utilities can learn from this partnership
- What’s next for the City of Atlanta and Georgia Power
You will also get your questions answered in the live Q&A.